MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Recovering mysql data from failed disk
Posted by: Jonny Muckley
Date: November 10, 2016 01:13AM

Hey guys,

I had a server fail (disk failure, old server; no raid) at the weekend and am unable to recover the MySQL databases from the backup.

After exhausting all the usual recovery options, I've performed a disk recovery and have managed to retrieve the contents of the MySQL data folder located at c:\programdata\MySQL Server 5.5\data

The folders corresponding to each of the databases are there and are populated with .frm and .myi/.myd files... these seem quite small in size.... between 10 and 20k each. In the root of the data folder there are various files... ib_logfile0 ib_logfile1 ib_logfile0_000 ib_logfile1_000 ibdata1 ibdata1_000 WIN-8KT3MJ6T2PS.err WIN-8KT3MJ6T2PS.pid WIN-8KT3MJ6T2PS_000.err WIN-8KT3MJ6T2PS_000.pid

So far I have tried installing a new clean server with 2008 R2 (original host OS) and MySQL 5.5, then stopping the service and replacing the contents of the data directory with that of my recovered data, but when I try this, the MySQL service will no longer start, telling me 'The description for Event ID 100 from source MySQL cannot be found...'.

Is there any other way in which I can recover the databases from these files?

Thanks in advance,

John

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Recovering mysql data from failed disk
November 10, 2016 01:13AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.