MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Is it ok to import the last few mysql 5.6 binary logs as part of a mysql 5.7 upgrade
Posted by: D Imamura
Date: June 10, 2018 12:55AM

In my test environment I can upgrade MySQL 5.6 to MySQL 5.7 on windows using a zip install and MySQL_upgrade but because the default setting is to split the single ibdata to separate .ibd files it takes 9 hours to convert my 90GB database into separate files. To minimize the downtime for our production environment I would like to prep another mysql 5.7 server and restore a current mysql 5.6 full backup and binary logs there and run mysql_upgrade on it. Then shutdown the existing mysql 5.6 and restore the final remaining 5.6 binary logs to the new mysql 5.7 server and switch everything to that new mysql 5.7 server.

Will the last few 5.6 binary logs "upgrade" correctly on the new mysql 5.7 server?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Is it ok to import the last few mysql 5.6 binary logs as part of a mysql 5.7 upgrade
June 10, 2018 12:55AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.