MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Unexpected Innodb table lock
Posted by: Scott Krise
Date: February 15, 2019 09:13AM

Hello Everyone,

I have a problematic report that keeps failing in a multi-user environment because a work table appears to be locked.

In this particular case, users write records into this table with their username tagged to each of their records and they run a report a report based on that. It fails on a step where the user is deleting their user record out of the table in preparation for the next step which re-populates it with whatever data is appearing on the new report.

The table is an INNODB format and nowhere would I do a "file lock" of any sort, but somehow it appears one is occurring. From the point the error occurs, any user that tries to run the report gets the same error and the report fails. The exact error says:

"Lock wait timeout exceed, try restarting transaction QODBC3. Unable to execute statement"

We've found that if we just wait for a while, eventually, the table releases and the report will run normally. We've also found that if we delete some records out of the table, that will unlock it as well.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing that, or what I can do to correct?

Thanks,

Scott

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Unexpected Innodb table lock
February 15, 2019 09:13AM
February 15, 2019 10:09AM
February 15, 2019 02:21PM
February 19, 2019 08:28AM
February 22, 2019 08:04AM
February 19, 2019 09:01AM
February 15, 2019 10:20AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.