MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Issues starting/stopping MySQL server after large data load
Posted by: C D
Date: March 17, 2020 05:10PM

I recently upgraded from 5.7 to 8.0 on my Ubuntu 18.04 machine after a few hiccups, but was able to log in to see the new version.

Since then I've been attempting to load a large CSV dataset (~2.5G on disk, 10-20M rows) using mysqlimport, which appeared to stall both times I attempted it.

Additionally, after each attempt, I'm unable to cleanly stop mysql (the command line call persists, never again giving me a command prompt). Starting mysql suffer a similar fate. Even after killing all mysql processes, I'm left with a collection of '/usr/bin/mysqld' processes that regenerate if I kill them and a `sudo systemctl status mysql` shows a status of 'Status: "Server startup in progress"'.

I'd previously restarted to address it but that's obviously not a practical solution. Any thoughts about what's causing this or how to debug.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Issues starting/stopping MySQL server after large data load
C D
March 17, 2020 05:10PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.