MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Query using new schema but prepared statement using old schema
Posted by: No No
Date: October 26, 2020 04:20AM

I'm not sure if this is a MySQL problem or a library problem. Due to time pressure, I'll try posting on both :)

To summarize, it seems like execute is not recognizing that I've changed schemas. This is causing data to be operated on in the incorrect schema.

I have schemas a, b, and c. I create a connection pool defaulting to schema a. On request, I determine the correct target schema (let's say b) and switch to it using .query('use ??'. [schema]);. I do later operations using prepared statements. Logging throughout the process shows I am on schema b after switching, and data goes to the right place.

On a later request, I need to switch to schema c. The logic is the same as the previous request. However, things are strange. After switching schemas, if I check it using .query('select database()'), I get the new schema. If I check it using a prepared statement to execute 'select database()', I get the old schema. Since all of our data operations are using prepared statements, data ends up in the wrong schema.

Is this something about the library using a prepared statement in the wrong schema? Is this a MySQL problem? Help! I don't want to switch to .query(...) for everything due to performance, but I'm not sure of any other solution.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.