MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Where is Forum MySQL for Visual Studio?
Posted by: Christian Benner
Date: December 01, 2021 06:42AM

I know most messages in Forum these days are not very likeble for oracle especially they show how bad their engeneering team for mysql is. But what the hell: closing/removing the forum MySQL for Visual Studio isn't the right way.

Better could be to work on the project or give it back to community!

1. Visual Studio 2022 integration
Any ETA on the visual studio 2022 integration ?
Forum: MySQL for Visual Studio
18 days agoCelalettin Dizman
2. Re: Cannot install on Visual Studio 2022 Enterprise
I guess VS 2022 is an 64 bit platform and extension is not compatible. I am also waiting for it to use with DataSet designer
23 days agoChristian Benner
3. Cannot install on Visual Studio 2022 Enterprise
Hey there, what a wonderful world - except the missing mysql support for Visual Studio 2022 The 1.2.10 version doesn't support the 2022 GA but only the former 2019 release :-( So, since over a year Microsoft is rolling out Beta versions of 2022 and you guys are not abled to relase the VS 2022 support between?
5 weeks agoFowaz Maila

So there are more than one question:
What about integration in VS2022?
What about supporting current EF?
What about the thousend of bugs reported since years they're still open in your Bugtracker?
What about a better communication culture?
Should I continue?

Folks - since MySQL was transfered to oracle we had two Customers changing from MySQL Enterprise to MSSQL Server (and we that much close to decide stopping all our development projects which integrate/Supports MySQL.

I'm really upset with that situation since years but never get a reply on that. It's not interesting on oracle side. If so - thats ok - but let us know what you "oracle" have on your task list and tell us what your plans are, where we can get qualified support in the community or if so, its better to stop alle future tasks to develop for and with mysql !

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Where is Forum MySQL for Visual Studio?
December 01, 2021 06:42AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.