MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Stored Proc access after IP address change
Posted by: Colin Cecil
Date: October 17, 2022 09:55AM

Background: I run a complex website based over WordPress and have created many custom tables, stored procedures and functions in the mySQL database that is installed with the WordPress instance. Additionally as this is through a commercial hosting service I do not have command line access to the database.

Issue: all of the stored procedures and functions that I create have the IP address I was using at the time of creating the function stored in the definer field of information_schema.routines. If I am traveling or my ISP changes my IP address I lose the ability to access the code for the routine through mySQL Workbench, and have to drop the function and recreate it from a back up.

Question: is there a way to update or bypass the definer field so that I can maintain access the code for the functions?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Stored Proc access after IP address change
October 17, 2022 09:55AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.