MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  General

Software improvement : colors in joined table
Posted by: Nico Olg
Date: January 25, 2023 08:04AM

Hello,

I would like to share with you an idea for improving the current MySQL Workbench software. I did not find the right forum or the right section to post so I do it in the General.

Context: I work daily with the software on very very large queries (the database has more than 500 tables) and the joins of my queries include dozens of links. The fields of results are very numerous. I don't give you a diagram: it's very complex.

In this context, I would ardently wish that the developers of MySQL Workbench implement a functionality which quite simply makes it possible to put in different colors the various joined tables during the result of a request. Example: a pink color for the first FROM table, then green for the first join, yellow for the next, in order to be able to see for each field of the returned result, to which joined table this field belongs.

It shouldn't be too difficult to do I think. Thanks for reading and please let me know how to contact the MySQL Workbench Developers if I'm in the wrong section.

Sorry for my english, i'm french.

Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Software improvement : colors in joined table
January 25, 2023 08:04AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.