MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MyISAM

Got error 64 when reading table '/tmp/#sql_5389_0'
Posted by: Geoff Rowland
Date: March 08, 2012 10:19AM

When running a certain query, it displays "Error: Got error 64 from storage engine" in my application. When looking at the mysql error logs, it says "[ERROR] Got error 64 when reading table '/tmp/#sql_5389_0'"

I can't seem to find any information about Error 64 - what is this and how do I fix it?
(and is there a list of these error codes somewhere? I only found the 1000 and higher error codes on this site)

edit: here is the strange thing - it is failing on a query that looks like this:

SELECT `stuffA`, `stuffB`, `tID`, mydate FROM (SELECT `stuffA`, `stuffB`, `tID`, STR_TO_DATE(`Submit Date_Time`, '%d-%M-%Y') AS 'mydate' FROM my.database t WHERE `cID` = '123456' AND `stuffA` = 1) AS test WHERE mydate <= '2012-03-01'ORDER BY mydate DESC

however if I just run the subselect - SELECT `stuffA`, `stuffB`, `tID`, STR_TO_DATE(`Submit Date_Time`, '%d-%M-%Y') AS 'mydate' FROM my.database t WHERE `cID` = '123456' AND `stuffA` = 1

it works fine

if I use perror 64, it tells me "machine is not on the network" - that doesn't seem correct at all since this is just the local machine - unless there is some sort of issue with writing to the /tmp directory - but usually when that happens there are innodb errors.

any ideas???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2012 10:07PM by Geoff Rowland.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Got error 64 when reading table '/tmp/#sql_5389_0'
March 08, 2012 10:19AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.