MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MyISAM

Queries on MyISAM
Posted by: m newbie
Date: June 04, 2012 02:42PM

Please clear me MyISAM normally utilizes CPU cores or not ? I thought it's not because i notice queries execution time varies (differ) in different situations.
I have one slave handling read only queries from application and when no. of threads connected (low number of select queries) queries execution time is shorter as compare to when no. of thread connected higher (high number of select queries verified from show processlist) accessing different tables and all are serving i.e. no query in lock mode queries execution time suddenly icreased to quite high.

From this scenario i am assuming MyISAM normally doesn't utilizes full CPU cores while INNoDB normally do.

Please someone clear me about this because i notice queries exeuction time fluctuation dependent on no. of currently runing queries.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Queries on MyISAM
June 04, 2012 02:42PM
June 10, 2012 10:57PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.