MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MyISAM

5.5 running tiny queries much slower than 5.0
Posted by: Andrew Leonard
Date: June 27, 2012 01:18PM

I'm really confused. We have a process - admittedly inefficient, and I'm fixing it - that runs about a quarter million tiny update queries. These finished on our MySQL 5.0 master in half an hour; the newly-upgraded 5.5 slave has been working on them for six hours. The key seems to be "query end" - each one spends over a tenth of a second in this state on the slave, which is really dragging things down as 10 queries a second means, well... six hours. The master spends less well under a tenth of a second in the entire query, and this one is spending .13 seconds (89% of the query) in "query end". Sometimes it's as high as half a second.

Did 5.5 change something that my 5.0 configuration is interfering with? I haven't optimized it for 5.5 yet, just using MyISAM for now until we get everything set up so it's not an InnoDB problem. Is there some 5.0 setting that could be causing this, or a new 5.5 setting I'm missing? I'm at my wits end, as this is really starting to slow down some reports we have that are inefficient like this. I will change the reports, but I also want to find out what went wrong.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
5.5 running tiny queries much slower than 5.0
June 27, 2012 01:18PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.