MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MyISAM

Re: "Incorrect key file for table XXXX" try to repair it
Posted by: Chris Slominski
Date: March 29, 2007 05:49AM

I just got this error for the first time yesterday evening. A bunch of these errors came in a wave before my system seems to have locked up. I have a production system that archives control system data to a MySQL database (5.0.28). It has run for months without having seen this problem. I do no replication, so it doesn't match the pattern described early in this thread. My insertions are very simple INSERT DELAYED into simple tables. I am doing ~1,500 insertions per second into any of 20,000 tables.

I think I have a very interesting clue. I have two independent systems, each archiving different portions of our control system. Both suffered this problem yesterday evening about the same time; just after 16:00 on March 28, 2007. Since they both are being driven by data gathered from our control system, I guess an event in the control system may have caused similar MySQL server usage patterns, which initiated the problem.

This is a severe situation for us. We have put this system in place relying heavily on continuous archiving of results from our control system. I will study the events in our control system as well as I can, and hopefully correlate something with the occurence of this problem.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
September 16, 2005 07:32AM
September 19, 2005 01:25AM
Re: "Incorrect key file for table XXXX" try to repair it
March 29, 2007 05:49AM
November 01, 2007 01:12PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.