MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MyISAM

Re: "Incorrect key file for table XXXX"
Posted by: Chris Slominski
Date: March 29, 2007 06:19AM

I have additional information. Our control system had a "network storm" yesterday at the time this occured. From what I gather, some node went berserk flooding the network with ARP requests. Since my archiving system communicates with the MySQL server via a localhost connection, I do not see how this should have directly caused MySQL server problems. It does mean that my system likely received a bunch of network disconnection control system events for the thousands of control system parameters, but these are just queued for insertion into the database. I would not have thought a network problem would have impacted my archiving system adversely, but it appears to have. At least this explains the two independent systems failing at the same time. It certainly appears to be data or load related. I guess the Linux OS could have been under a lot of distress during the network storm.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
September 16, 2005 07:32AM
September 19, 2005 01:25AM
Re: "Incorrect key file for table XXXX"
March 29, 2007 06:19AM
November 01, 2007 01:12PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.