MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MyISAM

Threads not stopped when client stopped
Posted by: Terry Gliedt
Date: December 14, 2005 12:45PM

I'm posting here because the database in question is a MyISAM database, but I suspect the problem is broader than this.. We are testing for massively large genetic databases (> 700M rows, about 80GB in size) and are using MySQL 4.1.11-Debian_4sarge2.

When someone begins a query which might take hundreds of seconds to complete, often they will control-C and cancel the application. I've recently discovered that the thread that has been initiated by the query continues to run on the server. If it only had a small consequence, I would not care, but these queries often result in many GB of temp space being used.

Failing to stop the thread certainly seems like incorrect behavior to me. Before I report this as a bug, has anyone else seen this? Is there anything I can do about this right now? It's killing my server fetching data which all too often is not even received by the client. TIA

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Threads not stopped when client stopped
December 14, 2005 12:45PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.