MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  MyISAM

Error on rename of table.MYI file
Posted by: Steven Kingsley
Date: January 24, 2006 03:11PM

Our systems have suffered this error occuring regularly for the past nine months or so. We can now almost make it happen at will. If we update a record via our browser based, ColdFusion driven admin system, then edit the table where that same record lives using phpmyadmin, say to add a field, the error "Error on rename of tableName.MYI" appears. If we leave it for a few minutes and attempt to update the table changes a second time it will usually work.

I have tried this on mySQL 4.0.15
also completely uninstalled mySQL then reinstalled mySQL 4.1.15
(resolved all ColdFusion issues & mySQL User isues along the way)
also tried updating to latest ODBC Drivers.
also tried using JDBC Connector.
also tried CFMyAdmin as an alternative to PHPMyAdmin.
also tried updating phpmyadmin to both 2.7.0-pl1 & pl2.
I thought I'd fixed it as it hasn't happened for the last few weeks until now.
Both systems running ColdFusion 6.1 & PHP 5.0.3

This happens on two completely separate systems both running Windows 2000 Server patched identically, one a busy web server, the other a quiet development server.
This does not happen on INNODB tables, only on myISAM.
Attempts to repair the table usually result in total corruption of the table.

My questions are:-
Is there a conflict between using ColdFusion, mySQL & phpmyadmin together?
Is ColdFusion locking the table to update the record then not releasing the table while phpmyadmin is also locking the table causing mySQL to overwrite the table structure or index file incorrectly?

Most of the references to this found on support sites suggest repairing the table due to corruption caused by hardware failure, etc, but none question the possibility of the table corruption being cause by the applications accessing the data. I'm convinced it's something to do with ColdFusion as it has never happened on yet another of our busy web servers that only uses mySQL/PHP.

I found no mention on either mySQL's website or Macromedia's site about compatibility issues when using both ColdFusion & PHPMyAdmin together so I assume they think it's OK.

If anyone else has this error occurring regularly I would suggest they test whether ColdFusion is the root cause.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Error on rename of table.MYI file
January 24, 2006 03:11PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.