MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

InnoDB data recovery
Posted by: Sung Pak
Date: May 18, 2005 09:53AM

Hi, all:

I have a very basic question about mysql database. I'm running 4.0.12 on Windows 2000 server SP4. I want to basically recover old data from files that the IT people backed up. These files are not any type of MySql backup utility produced files but just simply file backups that our IT people normally do for any server. I have pretty much all files (ibdata1, ib_logfile0, ib_logfile1, and .frm files) and my question is how I can recover them? If I overwrite those files, it will do it? Do I have to somehow lock the database or shut down the server when I copy them over? I studied the manual about data backup and recovery sections, but it is not very clear to me. I just wanted to make sure the recovery process before I make any move and please help me because I'm still at the early stage of my learning curve.

Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
InnoDB data recovery
May 18, 2005 09:53AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.