MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Newbie with INNODB - maybe I've go it, then again ..
Posted by: Robert Hartung
Date: June 07, 2005 07:43PM

Hi all,
I am struggling a bit to get going with mysql and my tutorial works through InnoDB tables without a clear explanation of the setup.
To date I have modified the /etc/my.cnf file. mysqld starts without complaining. I have modified my.cnf to include:

innodb_data_file_path = /data/mysqldata/innodb_data/innodata:10M:autoextend
innodb_data_home_dir=

It turns out that logged in as a mysql user if I "use innodta' it mounts as a the database. So am I correct in assuming that identifying the tablespace name in innodb_data_file_path is the equivalent of 'create database <databaseName> with a MyISAM table?

Also once having 'use innodata' I can issue a create tables command and then see <tablename>.frm .MYD, and MYI listed in the innodb_data directory. However when <tblename> was created I could not use the 'engine = innodb; ' as the last line of the create table sql statement without getting an error. This suggests that the table that I made without 'engine=innodb' is just the usual MyISAM based table. Right? Wrong? Huh?

I think the documentation is a little lacking in this area as are two other MySQL books that I purchased.

Thanks for all helpful responses in advance.

Bob Hartung

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Newbie with INNODB - maybe I've go it, then again ..
June 07, 2005 07:43PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.