MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

flush tables tablename... WITH READ LOCK behaves like FOR EXPORT
Posted by: Jim Hetland
Date: November 25, 2013 07:48AM

I'm not certain if this belongs in the InnoDB forum or Administration etc.

Since about MySQL 5.6.10 I routinely use "flush tables tablename, tablename... FOR EXPORT" to do filecopy backups of file_per_table InnoDB tables. This has been working fine. (prior to 5.6.10 it frequently caused fatal forever-locks)

Accidentally, I executed the flush WITH READ LOCK instead of FOR EXPORT. To my astonishment, it worked fine, writing a tablename.cfg file. Various subsequent tests show this "always" works, and the copied tablespace can be successfully imported using the cfg file. I have not yet found this behavior documented anywhere, nor any forum posts referring it.

Tested on both 5.6.13 and 5.6.14 64-bit, on Windows 7 64-bit, identical behavior.

Am I crazy? I can't believe this worked, and that the behavior is not documented. Is it intentional? Will FOR EXPORT be deprecated?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
flush tables tablename... WITH READ LOCK behaves like FOR EXPORT
November 25, 2013 07:48AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.