MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

help with recommending hardware for mysql db running innodb engine
Posted by: Ravi Malghan
Date: May 04, 2019 02:46PM

I have a moderate to high busy mysql database server (in terms of read and writes). We are having some performance issues. Trying to figure out where might be the bottlenecks. Database definitely has significantly higher number of reads compared to writes. The server has the following specs

Total database size 1.2TB
RAM: 256G. innodb-buffer-pool-size is set to about 80% of the memory (200G), innodb-buffer-pool-instances is set 200. After a database restart, typically the database memory usages is close to 200G and remains there.
24 CPU VM host (CPU utilization is rarely above 10%).
Storage is on a SAN with flash storage.
Mysql version: 5.7.22

Based on what iostat is showing, read disk latency is in the range 6-10ms averaging around 6ms. Write disk latency is about 1ms to 2.5ms. I have validated this value with other tools as well. Wanted to poll other users to see what kind of latency they are seeing on busy mysql servers. Are my numbers too high or normal.
Read throughput is in the range of 176 Mbs - 700Mbs with average about 500Mbs. Write is about 1.58 Mbs-46Mbs with average about 15Mbs.

I am hoping to get some idea about hardware other enterprise customers are using for their mysql database which this
Thanks
Ravi

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
help with recommending hardware for mysql db running innodb engine
May 04, 2019 02:46PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.