MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Resolving errors generated when attempting to restore using a mysqldump file
Posted by: Paul Schmehl
Date: August 23, 2021 04:35PM

I have a problem restoring some databases. The original server was running 5.6. The new server is running 8.0. Both servers were setup with INNODB. I do NOT have the original ibdata1 or iblogfiles. What I do have is a mysqldump file of all databases (including mysql.) The OS is FreeBSD 13.0-RELEASE, if that matters.

When i run 'mysql -u root -p < mysqldumpfile.sql' I get the following error:

ERROR 3554 (HY000) at line 1624: Access to system table 'mysql.innodb_index_stats' is rejected.

Is there a way to force this to overwrite?

I figured that it was a new restriction on restoring databases, so I copied the mysqldump file and edited the copy, removing lines 1651-1677. That removed the section dealing with innodb_table_stats

I then ran the command again, using the edited copy. I got the following error:
ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 6867: Duplicate entry 'quảng độ' for key 'bak_fv2hu_finder_terms.idx_term'

This is in the most important db of them all. What do I have to do to fix this error?

And, if I can restore everything including the mysql db (without innodb_table_stats) will i get the user and privilege grants back as well? Or will I have to set all that up again?

Assume I'm an apprentice when it comes to mysql. I am not a db guru nor am I a programmer. I'm a sysadmin.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Resolving errors generated when attempting to restore using a mysqldump file
August 23, 2021 04:35PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.