MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Problems with InnoDB size and Windows
Posted by: Stefan Ohletz
Date: April 10, 2005 09:00AM

Hi there,

to test MySQL's performance on two large tables (having just a few fields), I created two corresponding text files (.csv) with random data and tried to read them in with the LOAD DATA command. The size of the first text file is about 1 GB, the size of the other one about 500 MB. Looking at the physical size of the InnoDB table, I observed that the file size grew to about 1 GB in 1 hour. From then on, speed decreased consideribly. After about 24 hours(!) the table size had grown to only 1,7 GB, when the server process crashed. Now I cannot connect to my database.

Is the physical size of InnoDB tables limited in any way? Does anyone have an idea what could have happened there? How do I have to configure InnoDB to support large databases/tables, which are bigger than the physical limit given by the file/operating system?

Thanks in advance for any help or comments,
Stefan

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Problems with InnoDB size and Windows
April 10, 2005 09:00AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.