MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

transaction problem (seems not committing)
Posted by: abdurrahman abdsahin
Date: September 21, 2008 02:04PM

Hi all;
I'm new to this forum. I have a problem about mysql transactions in my java & spring application.

i have a function like below, in the function a query a table, retrieve a number , increase the number then insert a new row with increased number, the column where number is written is unique, so i don't expect to see 2 rows with the same generated number. I use spring to achieve single instances of my beans, to synchronize multiple threads, i also set mysql default transaction level to read-committed, and following function block is transactional (when function call is finished transaction is committed by spring, and a new mysql connection is retrieved for the next thread)
if don't make function block transactional, i don't get duplicate key index error. (in that case a new mysql connection is not retrieved from the connection pool.)

public synchronized void suitableConfirmNo(){
System.out.println("Thread entered " + Thread.getCurrentThread().getName());

.. query the max number

... increase number by 1, then insert a new row with increased value...

System.out.println("Thread leaved" + Thread.getCurrentThread().getName());

}

i get duplicate key index error under many active threads which are calling that function.

when i review my logs i see that threads are inserted into the function in order, two thread are not found in the function block.

Thread entered thread-1
Thread leaved thread-1

Thread entered thread-5
Thread leaved thread-5

Thread entered thread-8
Thread leaved thread-8

Thread entered thread-2
Thread leaved thread-2

Thread entered thread-190
Thread leaved thread-190

Thread entered thread-110
Thread leaved thread-110

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
transaction problem (seems not committing)
September 21, 2008 02:04PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.