MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Can't start service after replacing ibdata1 file
Posted by: Melanie Moy
Date: May 13, 2005 02:38PM

Hi all,

My HD crashed awhile back, but I was able to recover the entire MySQL folder. On my new machine, I installed the same version of MySQL that I had on the old machine (version 4.1). I wanted to recover the database called my_stuff, so I copied the my_stuff folder into C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 4.1\data. I ran MySQL Query Browser to see if I would be able to see my database. I was able to see that the my_stuff database existed, but when I tried to query for info from the database, I got a message saying that the data wasn't available (or something similar). I then noticed that the ibdata1 file on the new machine was much smaller than the ibdata1 file on the old machine. So I stopped the service, replaced the smaller ibdata1 file with the larger one, and attempted to start the service again. I haven't been able to start the service since. Does anyone know how I can get my old data back?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
-Melanie

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Can't start service after replacing ibdata1 file
May 13, 2005 02:38PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.