MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Re: MySQL kills itself when cannot allocate X bytes
Posted by: Marcos Cuadrado
Date: September 21, 2009 01:16AM

Hi Rick!

Yes, I'm using InnoDB and 32-bit XP with 4Gb of RAM (about 3Gb usable because of 32-bit OS). I had about 500Mb of innodb_buffer_pool_size but I had to decrease it way down when I noticed that MySQL doesn't use it when inserting (big blobs at least), then I was able to insert that 250Mb blob. But the weird thing is that MySQL reaches 1Gb of RAM inserting that blob :-S
The issue a try to avoid is the MySQL intentionally crashing when inserting a huge blob, because I don't believe that's a clever behaviour. I have other automatic processes (not frequently supervised) inserting small data all the time in the same database.
I should be able to insert over 1Gb sized blobs with 2Gb of free RAM, don't you think?
Now, I'm testing 64-bit OS in order to have more memory available, but it should be another solution.

Thanks a lot!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: MySQL kills itself when cannot allocate X bytes
September 21, 2009 01:16AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.