MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Re: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction
Posted by: Vector Thorn
Date: June 06, 2010 08:37PM

Thanks Rick!

Role_Name tells what the user's role is, in the eyes of the client. They have 'customer's, 'distributor's, and 'associate's. It depends on whether they paid a certain fee, and their account is above a certain status, and is not disabled.

In the user's table, eid is the unique 'entry id', and pid is that entry's 'parent id' (user who referred them to the site).

It's funny, because me and another guy tried to trigger these functions at exactly the same time, while other things were running, and we could not duplicate that error. That functions is actually a very small piece of a much larger algorithm comprised of many functions, and yet it all executes in about 1 second (more, if you count server to server connection time for the payment processor). Yet, despite that, we still could not duplicate it.

I greatly appreciate your speed improvements --i'm ALWAYS looking to improve speed and efficiency :D.

Thanx!

premium domain names that i'm selling

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction
June 06, 2010 08:37PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.