MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Re: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction
Posted by: Rick James
Date: June 11, 2010 09:25AM

The units for lock time (like most times in MySQL) is seconds (elapsed, not cpu). Profiling may be different.

18446744073709.550781 -- this is bogus. Take a look at the value of 2**64. I have been plagued with that number in the slowlog. It is as if the clock ran backwards, and underflowed in an UNSIGNED BIGINT.

Do you have an example without that bogus number?

"Query_time: 0.000330" = 0.33ms = 330us -- this feels reasonable for a 2-row select of a table that is cached.

3us? That's extremely fast. I would expect the lag getting to the server, parsing the query, etc, to be more than that. Did you mean 3ms?

Back to autocommit -- could you turn on the binlog and/or general log. Are there any BEGIN (or START) and COMMIT commands in the binlog or general log?

I'm worried that some _other_ connection has autocommit ON and is doing a query then sitting idle (perhaps due to a "persistent" connection) for more than 30 seconds.

What version of MySQL are you using? Are you using the InnoDB Plugin?

Can you turn on Profiling and see what it gives you?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction
June 11, 2010 09:25AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.