MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Re: Innodb Row size too large (> 8126).
Posted by: Rick James
Date: July 15, 2015 08:18PM

> performance,security and possible error arise

No, no problem with any such things.

To explain the changes:

> innodb_file_format = Barracuda -- This is the latest format for storing data in InnoDB. The only drawback in the inability to migrate the table to an older version that does not support Barracuda. (This issue seems very unlikely.)

> innodb_file_per_table = 1 -- This is preferred for "large" tables. It stores the data (and indexes) in a .ibd file for the table instead of in "ibdata1". It provides some benefits to future ALTERs.

> Alter table <table_name> engine=innodb ROW_FORMAT=DYNAMIC; -- There are several "ROW_FORMATs" in InnoDB. This one is fine.

> performance -- There is probably no noticeable difference in performance among all the options changed above. (One exception is ROW_FORMAT=COMPRESSED.)

> please suggest me the better alternavite solution for current issue -- The alternative is to change the schema, possibly involving "vertically" partitioning the table into two tables, possibly "normalizing" some of the columns, possibly not blindly using too-big values in VARCHAR(...), etc.

I say "possibly" because I don't see your SHOW CREATE TABLE, nor do I understand what impact the changes might have on the rest of the schema and application.

You could provide SHOW CREATE TABLE for further advice, but I doubt if there is anything terribly significant to advise you on.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Innodb Row size too large (> 8126).
July 15, 2015 08:18PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.