MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

How complicated is it to change from an old MySQL (MyISAM) to the newst MySQL (INNODB)
Posted by: Christian-Josef Schrattenthaler
Date: November 20, 2015 08:44AM

Hi!

I have a very old MySQL 4.0 Installation with a MyISAM database. Now I am on the way to do a change to the newest MySQL version 5.7.x over a dump (backup/restore).

So far I was able to fix all of the issues, and in my test installation everything seems to be fine... Great, but I am still testing ;-)

Now I was wondering, if I already do all of this work, why not also change from MyISAM to INNOBD, which is the standard engine since 5.5. I think, I only need to change all the 'ENGINE=MyISAM' to 'ENGINE=INNODB', but it seems to be a bit to simple.

I am worried to run into problems later. Can any of the experts in this forum give me some advices please?

Thanks,
Christian.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
How complicated is it to change from an old MySQL (MyISAM) to the newst MySQL (INNODB)
November 20, 2015 08:44AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.