MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

InnoDB Engine freeze?
Posted by: Quorthon Seth
Date: January 28, 2016 04:32PM

Hello. A day ago I've got an update from 5.6.19 to 5.6.27 version and on a next day there was some strange innodb freeze.

When it happened, I could see queries in innotop in their normal state (like updating), but they didnt finish. When I tried to kill some of them, status in innotop changed to "killed"..and that's all...

I couldn't event got info from "show engine innodb status" - query froze as well. But I could select some data from MyIsam tables - it was ok. And I cound do queries like "show create table tblName" with MyIsam tables and get a result, but trying it with InnoDB tables - got freeze again. Just like somehow innodb engine died or something...

Finally I've tried to restart mysql, but in didn't stop normally, only killed by timeout. After start mysql successfully recovered and continued working normally. There was nothing interesting in mysql error log or syslog.

So...any idea what could cause such a behavior? And what could I check and monitor if something like this happens again?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
InnoDB Engine freeze?
January 28, 2016 04:32PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.