>

> No round trips there, but running WB against a
> remote web-based shared-access DB via your ISP
> imposes bottlenecks, and each transaction requires
> round trips that are unnecessary when browsing a
> webpage.
>
I am not talking about website access, but accessing the database which
I use to create many of the website pages. I create scripts intermixing HTML code
with database fields, download those and use the downloaded files to create the website pages. The only back and forth is when I am actually updating the database
records.

The back and forth updating my arcoa.org (American Red Cross Overseas Assn.) database is what I am referring to in describing the difference between in speeds
between it and my joebrownhigh.org, also with the dropping the server issue, which only happens with the JBH database.

The work-a-round I mentioned earlier works only to a limited degree. I am able to update 5 or 6 records, before the 'Server Goes Away', and I have to re-do the whole process of loading schemas and tables again.

I used to have this particular database running under Mysql and with WB, but I
have not been able to get it started again. Apparently, the root password got set
somehow and I have not been able to do anything about it.
I found documentation that said to stop the mysql server and restart it
using mysqld_safe --skip-grant-tables, but there is no mysqld_save program.

I want to try re-installing mysql completely, but I am not sure what to do about the 11 mysql programs running. Do I delete only WB or all of the others?

I checked with hostmonster and they do not allow WB to run on their server, so that's not an option, and as I said, myPhpAdmin sucks. However, if all else fails, that's what I will have to do, but it's really time consuming compared with WB.

Thanks
David

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Server going away after a few seconds
April 10, 2016 12:21PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.