MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

recover partitioned table
Posted by: harry sheng
Date: January 02, 2018 12:07PM

Environment: RHL 7, MySQL 5.7.15

What happened:
Accidentally deleted all the .idb files of a partitioned table. The database did not start up on restart.

Add "innodb-force-recovery=1" to my.cnf, database started, verified the partitioned table does not exist by checking the information_schema.tables, information_schema.partitions, and by "desc" command and by "select" statement.

Then I remove the "innodb-force-recovery=1" from my.cnf, and restarted the database.

Now my problem is,
I can recreate the table as a regular table, but I cannot recreate it as a partitioned table, nor can I change it to partitioned table after I created it as a regular table.

If I try to recreate it as partitioned table, the error message complains the very first partition already exists;

If I try to change the recreate regular table to partitioned table, the error message complains the table already exists.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
recover partitioned table
January 02, 2018 12:07PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.