MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

InnoDB corruption, "table ... doesn't exist"
Posted by: Brian Edwards
Date: January 23, 2018 12:50PM

Server OS: Windows Server 2016
MySQL version: 5.7.19

I have several WordPress databases that contain corrupt InnoDB tables. The only thing I can think of that would have caused corruption is an extended power outage almost two months ago. The server stayed up for as long as backup power would hold then obviously just crashed when power was lost. I was out of town or I would have shutdown the server before the crash. All of the MyISAM tables in these WP installations are fine, only the InnoDB tables have been corrupted.

I'm trying to repair these tables but getting nowhere. I have tried "REPAIR TABLE ..." using MySQL Workbench and it just says that the tables don't exist. I tried adding a InnoDB recovery option to my.ini and restarting the MySQL Windows Service. I have tried using mysqldump and it always errors with 1064 syntax errors even when trying to run it as root. Basically I have been working on this problem for the last 48 hours and am getting exactly nowhere. I've googled how to repair InnoDB tables until my eyes bleed and have tried every possibility on the first three search return pages.

I need help, please. What can I try that I haven't already? Heck, even give me ideas to try things that I might have already tried.

I'm not worried about destroying things on this server as I have good Veeam backups. Unfortunately those backups do not go back far enough to recover a healthy server. The corruption appears to have occurred in Nov 2017 and my last available restore point is from Dec 9 2017. I did restore the server to that point in time and the corruption was already there.

TIA for any ideas :)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
InnoDB corruption, "table ... doesn't exist"
January 23, 2018 12:50PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.