MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Large database run locally crashing
Posted by: Dan Ball
Date: August 02, 2018 02:57PM

So I recently got a new job managing wordpress sites among other things…I have all instances up and running except one, this one is a large, multisite install…40+ sites, almost 3000 tables.

Now, the site works fine (or so it seems) after migrating the parent site and a couple sub sites to new staging domains and all that…I can surf the site(s), get around, adjust admin settings, etc.

As soon as I open a database management tool (So far MySQL Workbench and Navicat) the database halts leaving behind logs about InnoDB data dictionary problems, and the like…I can’t restart it unless I restart my computer (Mac OSX)…sometimes if I close the editor it will restart (sometimes).

I have tuned my.cnf with MyISAM and InnoDB buffers (4G each) and various other tunings…

Any advice, or further questions? I have never run this big of a multisite, personally, I assume it’s simply database size…even though it’s only a couple hundred megs in a dump, it’s a big table count.

This has been driving me nuts for a couple days now. I can get into my other databases for other localhost sites (I have 5 or 6) with no problem, as soon as I open a connection to THAT database it crashes, even if it’s the only one I am connected too…if I don’t make the editor connection I can surf the site all day it seems like…or I can connect to dev and stage version of all the others at the same time with no problem.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Large database run locally crashing
August 02, 2018 02:57PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.