MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Innodb limit in32bit system
Posted by: Daniel Sudy
Date: January 17, 2019 05:51AM

Hi,
I have following problem. I had running a xampp environment with mysql 10.1.9-MariaDB, which is a 32bit application. After some of my tables grow over 4 GB, this tables became corrupt after restarting my server.

Before everything (Insert, Selection) performs perfectly, also with the big table size over 4 GB. As I found out after searching the internet, this 4 GB limit really occurs after restarting. Now I had installed mysql80 (64bit). The first idea was to restore the backup (SQL dump) but if I do this, I will lose 7 days of data. (Date since last backup).

But I have also the .frm and .ibd files. After lot of research I found out, it is possible to restore the data from these files. (Create structure of table, discard tablespace, copy old files, import tablespace). This works well, but only for these tables, which were under the 4 GB limit.
For each table, which increases the 4 GB, I got following error:
Incorrect key file for table 'dc_trends'; try to repair it

Maybe somebody can give me a hint.
Thx Daniel

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Innodb limit in32bit system
January 17, 2019 05:51AM
January 17, 2019 11:16AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.