MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Re: innodb_buffer_pool_size MySQL Windows question
Posted by: R Farris
Date: April 01, 2020 08:19AM

Pretty new to MySQL. I'm trying to help on a small DB. They need to go from ISAM to InnoDB as they wish to get to encryption. Before I was trying to help, they did convert a table or more to InnoDB and they had terrible performance issues and had to roll back. I do know they did not configure any other settings. While one can quickly find innodb_buffer_pool_size, innodb_buffer_pool_instances and then that those should be multiple, I think, of the innodb_buffer_pool_chunk_sizeā€¦ there are many settings with unclear direction on how one would really know how to set them.

Anyway - while 80% of the server memory is 3.2GB as this test server has 4 GB memory. is this innodb_buffer_pool_size = 3200000000 ? I've seen some reprensentation multiplying by 1024*1024 too. Currently, though, the chunk size and pool size are the default of 8388608. I believe both must change. And how many instances ? If a GB a piece, it seems like 3 or 4 ?

How did you resolve your questions and do you have any suggestions ? I would really love the ability to verbally talk through settings for real scenarios :-) Anybody ?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: innodb_buffer_pool_size MySQL Windows question
April 01, 2020 08:19AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.