MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Re: Failed to start mysql due to start_lsn and ens_lsn issue
Posted by: Jakub Lopuszanski
Date: August 08, 2022 10:23AM

Assuming that you have a backup of the data-dir, and therefore can experiment by starting the mysqld and if something goes wrong restore the data-dir to original state, I'd recommend you try to remove just the #ib_redo27250 and start again in the usual way (without any innodb_force_recovery option!).
The rationale for this particular experiment is, that apparently the system crashed in a state which *looks as if* #ib_redo27249 was not yet full, so it might boot, provided there's no #ib_redo27250 file.
However, the sad news is that we also see clearly that before the crash the system already tried to create the #ib_redo27250 file, which means it was convinced that #ib_redo27249 was full - this means there are some changes to both #ib_redo27249 and #ib_redo27250 that got lost :/
The reason why they've got lost is still unclear to me - I see that at least in 2009 there were issues with LVM not handling fsync() well, but in 2020 they should've been fixed already.
Still, assuming that this "suffix of #ib_redo27249 and prefix of #ib_redo27250" are already lost, the next best thing you can try to do is try to boot without #ib_redo27250 file.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Failed to start mysql due to start_lsn and ens_lsn issue
August 08, 2022 10:23AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.