MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  InnoDB

Re: errno 150 - foreign key problems
Posted by: Paul Blazek
Date: June 12, 2006 08:22AM

Hi Heikki,

Thanks for jumping in - I believe the underlying cause of the problem is possibly in MySQL Administrator - the original FUN_Function table was InnoDB referencing COD_Code (another InnoDB table) - I changed the name COD_Code to TCO_Code and the column name CODlCodeKey to TCOlCodeKey first, and then when I tried to modify FUN_Function to change FUNCODlFunctionAccessKey to FUNTCOlFunctionAccessKey my troubles started. I ended up recreating the table in MyISAM for temporary use but I could not get rid of the orphaned constraint in InnoDB.

Following your suggestion I recreated the original tables with the original column names and discovered several orphaned constraints. Dropping the FOREIGN KEYs manually I was then able to drop the tables and alter the engine of FUN_Function to InnoDB. I think, though, that this still may be a bug in either MySQL Administrator or in the DROP TABLE functionality that caused the constratints to be orphaned.

Thanks again,

Paul

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
June 09, 2006 03:50PM
Re: errno 150 - foreign key problems
June 12, 2006 08:22AM
December 07, 2006 07:28AM
October 07, 2008 05:55PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.