MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  GIS

spatial index
Posted by: LOUGE Stéphane
Date: August 19, 2004 02:07PM

Hello, I am currently developing a cartographic application and I used the spatials indexes for geo refer the objects which I can lay out on the map (polygon, circle, rectangles, points, etc...).
I made a success of with inserer all these objects in base in a column GEOMETRY. I explain my problem now to you:
When I make a query MBRContain(the polygon that refer to the framework of the map) that turns over me good objects.
But when an object encroaches on this framework the requete does not return it to me... I deduced from it that it turns over only the objects contained exactly in the rectangle.
Would have a solution? I do not know what and how to use of other to make turn over to this requete all the objects contained within the framework and so the ones which encroach.
It also seems that not badly of functions are not implemented yet... Thank you in advance. PS: I have MySQL 5.0.0

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
spatial index
August 19, 2004 02:07PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.