MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  GIS

Overlap functionality
Posted by: Diederick van Elst
Date: December 05, 2006 09:27AM

Hi,

For a project at work I'm currently investigating how to test if a quadshape and a rectangle (actually a special form of a quadshape) overlap. I read in the documentation that a lot of spatial relationship functions haven't been implemented yet in whatever version of MySQL (except for MBR-based functions, but the MBR's of a quadshape and a rectangle could overlap although in reality they don't overlap). In the replies to previous threads I read though that an implementation of these functions is done in a new release that's coming up soon. I also read that an alternative to working with the MBR-based functions is to use JTS or GeoTools. Does anybody know more about applying this API and this tool to the specific problem I'm faced with at work ? Does anyone have specific examples ? Could there also be a 3rd alternative next to JTS and GeoTools ?

Thanks in advance, Diederick van Elst

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Overlap functionality
December 05, 2006 09:27AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.