MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  GIS

Find if a polyline is a subset of a bigger polyline
Posted by: Renuka Prasad
Date: October 21, 2010 12:10PM

Hi,

I am entirely new to MySQL but I have intermediate level knowledge of MS SQL 2000, 2008. I am familiar with a little of spatial oracle.

I want to know if I can use MySQL for writing Spatial Queries at all. If so, which version of it?

I want to write a query which takes in source and destination geo-locations (Lat, Lng), computes the route(s) covering those two points in public transportation (buses). (Assume I have the GIS data with me.)

That would involve finding the routes (polylines) from my GIS which contain the two points (source and deestination); finding the distance between them along each of the routes, etc.

I would want to get started provided this can be achieved with the "spatial" features of MySql.

Also, can any one plz suggest some source to get myself started and going.

I hardly might have to write at most 2 spatial queries for my application. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Find if a polyline is a subset of a bigger polyline
October 21, 2010 12:10PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.