MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  GIS

How link to longitude & latitude fields
Posted by: Jim M
Date: October 26, 2011 07:12AM

NEWBIE GIS help!

I am attempting to relate (link) to the latitude/longitude fields stored in spatial MYSQL5.1 DBMS created with GIS program (Manifold System) by using Filemaker or other DB programs to access. I have the FM ODBC driver (Actual Technologies) and can access the MYSQL tables. The tables look odd!

The problem I have is the tables in MYSQL5.1 do not appear to be normal looking tables to a Novice when I view in Workbench on the server. I assume this is because MYSQL manages the data how it wants for efficiency. They look normal when viewing in my GIS program. So I am unable to identify the lon/lat fields to create the external relationship.

What is the trick? Do I need to create a new table upload it to MYSQL via my GIS program & configure certain field types, then link to that new table?

My goal is to use my GIS program locational data (lat/lon) linked (related) to my Filemaker data table (lat/lon).

Any tips would be most helpful. Many thanks.

- Jim M

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
How link to longitude & latitude fields
October 26, 2011 07:12AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.