MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  GIS

Re: Parallel testing mysql-5.1.23-beta-GIS / stable version
Posted by: Jason Lee
Date: June 22, 2009 04:00PM

Hi,

I've been following the progress of all this for the past year. Right now I have 5.1.30 installed on OSX Leopard. I downloaded the 5.1.23-gis and ran this command from the untar'd directory:

sudo bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql --ledir=$PWD/bin &

This assumes an already installed mysql with the config in /etc/my.cnf and data files existing in /usr/local/mysql/data/

My big thing was testing the 'within' function as I already have an existing stored func (from some other place on this site). Now it's totally correct and *much* faster than the stored func I had in place. Only problem is deploying this as a stable branch. Right now on our production CentOS server we have a 5.1.30 (I think) Percona release. So, dunno what would happen if I dropped this in.

I'll prob run a bunch of tests. The speed of the within function though would *really* speed up a lot of our queries, something our users have complained about.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Parallel testing mysql-5.1.23-beta-GIS / stable version
June 22, 2009 04:00PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.