MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  GIS

Re: Using MySQL Spatial Extensions to make a Google Maps interface.
Posted by: Darren Odden
Date: January 18, 2006 11:51AM

This is all great and fine however when I have been testing the boundary areas of states in a table that is state specific (I have to work from multiple state tables due to the size of each tables records), the boundaries are finding themselves in MBR land rather than as a Polygon. It is looking like a state like TX which is one polygon with the same starting and end point so it is closed as well, it drops some points of interest such as the Texas Panhandle area or some points in irregularly shaped borders such as those along rivers.

I have tried out 5.0 and notice it does this the same way. Is there a way to make this work better? Is there a spatial fix coming? Many dislike PosGIS (like me) and would like to stay in MySQL but require a more reliable spatial math piece.

Has anyone find a way around this? Is it that I am going to have to create a mpolygon for looking at my geometry?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.