MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Performance

MySQL performance turning problem
Posted by: macgyver Pan
Date: January 08, 2005 06:25AM

Hi, all:

I need somebody help.

I install MySQL 4.1.7 in Solaris 9 and use JSP(using Apache+Resin 3) write a evaluation system program. Every user login to system and search near 250,000 data in 5 tables and write a few words to one of these tables.

BUT I found, if 1~5 users login "at same time" (its means users press Enter to login in the same time), it need 3~15 seconds to display data (every user display about 8 data). and if more 50 users login "at the same time", the system need 3~5 "minites" to display data. The users think the system was down...8-(

My hardware has 2 CPUS with 4 GB RAM, and I look the system utilization when more 50 users login , the CPU loading nears 100% and almost used by mysqld. If 1~3 users login, mysqld uses about 23% CPU loading.

I think it maybe some MySQL parameters need turning or some problem in my program when I using MySQL.

Can any one give me some suggestion? Thanks...

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL performance turning problem
January 08, 2005 06:25AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.