MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Performance

Re: MySQL performance turning problem
Posted by: STARYNKEVITCH Basile
Date: January 09, 2005 03:35PM

macgyver Pan wrote:
>
> I install MySQL 4.1.7 in Solaris 9 and use JSP(using Apache+Resin 3) write a evaluation
> system program. Every user login to system and search near 250,000 data in 5 tables and write a
> few words to one of these tables.
>
> My hardware has 2 CPUS with 4 GB RAM, and I look the system utilization when more 50 users
> login , the CPU loading nears 100% and almost used by mysqld. If 1~3 users login, mysqld uses about
> 23% CPU loading.

I am definitely not a MySQL expert, but the standard advice is to index appropriately your tables. Are your sure that you have the relavant indexes built into your tables for most of your MySQL queries?

Otherwise, you should give more details, in particular about your table structures, your indexes, your typical MySQL queries, your MySQL server configuration, to get real help.

But common wisdon suggest to look into indexing issues first. A missing index may make a query run in O(n) time (where n is the size of tables), while a good index should make it run in O(log n).

Good luck.

--
Basile STARYNKEVITCH :::: http://starynkevitch.net/Basile/

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
January 08, 2005 06:25AM
Re: MySQL performance turning problem
January 09, 2005 03:35PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.