MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Performance

Localhost vs. remote performance
Posted by: Andr Schršder
Date: December 07, 2004 08:02AM

I am building an application using VC++ connecting to MySQL 4.1.7 over the C-API.

When I test against the localhost, I get a decent performance. If I connect to a remote server which much larger resources (CPU, memory, etc) I see a huge performance degrade. It seems to be mainly the performance on SELECT statements. I use prepared statements for both SELECT and INSERT.

How can I narrow down even more where this degrade is coming from?
I have tried several remote servers and also readjusted variables without success. I have also tried several different machines as clients with diffferent OSs (2000 and XP).

What takes about 10 minutes on the localhost takes about 6 hours remotely. The queries are not very long and the rows are not either. There is about one insert to about 6 SELECT statements during this process. According to the server stats, it is not the amount of transferred data causing this problem.

Is it maybe that my application is not linked against the necessary libraries properly?
Which libraries should I be linking against for this kind of application? I have tried both mysqlclient.lib and libmysql.lib with no noticable performance change.

Please help!!!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Localhost vs. remote performance
December 07, 2004 08:02AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.