MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Performance

SQL-BENCH
Posted by: Andy Gamble
Date: March 14, 2005 05:25AM

All,

I have just started a group benchmark to compare My-SQL with Oracle on a level playing field. This has entailed me setting up MySQL 4.1 & Oracle 9.2.0.4 under Windows/AIX & Linux and running the SQL-Bench suite against these similarly configured instances.

Getting the results back is fine. Was just wondering if someone could clarify further the different summary sections and the work done in each. i.e alter-table, ATIS, big-tables, connect etc.

The interesting issue I have is under AIX based on the same hardware and with similar memory configurations My-SQL returns a number of things excessivey quicker than Oracle. The "Create" script for example returns in 366 wallclock seconds under MySQL but 1899 walclock seconds under Oracle based on the same hardware.....

Any input would be appreciated. I am using DBI with the Oracle & MySQL DBD drivers.
Many Thanks,
Andy

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
SQL-BENCH
March 14, 2005 05:25AM
March 14, 2005 07:56AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.