MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Performance

replication / cluster hybrid
Posted by: Patrick Logue
Date: May 24, 2006 11:14AM

I am designing a site meant to mimic a stock market where users can trade amongst each other. Additionally each user will have his own personal profile to give it a social networking type feel. Question is this:

The user portion of this site will be heavily read intensive, as profiles will not be update that frequently. For this, I feel replication would be great as it can read off the slaves and asynchronous writes wont be that big of an issue.

The exchange portion of site however, will be very write intensive, as it will be managing a high volume of real-time trade transactions. For this section, I am somewhat sold on MySQL Cluster as I like the high availability and the fact that everything updates synchronously, so i dont have to worry about reading from a slave a split second before it was updated.

Anyway, I am a programmer, but new to db and db architectures so any insight would be greatly appreciated. Also, i am am missing a bigger picture in some way, please let me know. thanks a lot.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
replication / cluster hybrid
May 24, 2006 11:14AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.