MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Performance

Problem Using mysqlslap
Posted by: Brian Keith
Date: May 22, 2017 03:10AM

I'm trying to do some database load testing with the mysqlslap tool. I'm in the MySQL Shell and am connected to my server. Basic SQL Queries such as just saying "select * from table" are returning the tables.

However, whenever I try to use mysqlslap with a statement such as "mysqlslap --query=genre --concurrency=50 --iterations=200", I continually get the error "ERROR: 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near".

No matter what formatting I use or what I try to do, I get this error. I'm thinking maybe mysqlslap somehow isn't installed as a tool? But I don't know how this is possible or how to fix that. I selected all the possible installation options when installing MySQL. Any help would be much appreciated.

P.S. Using version 5.7.18 of MySQL.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Problem Using mysqlslap
May 22, 2017 03:10AM
May 22, 2017 09:16AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.