MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Performance

MySQLTuner "Optimise Table" Recommendation Accuracy?
Posted by: Alex Walker
Date: April 13, 2022 07:58AM

Has anybody else had any experience with the accuracy of the OPTIMISE TABLES recommendations of MySLQTuner before?

I've been doing a performance review on a somewhat neglected Ubuntu box running MySQL 5.6 (Yes, I know that's very old, an upgrade is being dealt with...).

MySQLTuner advised that I could save 120GBytes of space on a 194GBytes (InnoDB) table, but following the optimising a copy of the table on a test lab copy of the box, the resultant table was only 39GBytes in space afterwards, which means that 35GBytes additional space was reclaimed.

No errors were reported, and I've no currently no other reason to suspect there have been any problems with data integrity at this point (I'm waiting for a Dev to do a final check) so I'm maybe more inclined to think that MySQLTuner estimated badly, but I'm curious as to whether anybody else ever experienced MySQLTUner to be wrong in this area before?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQLTuner "Optimise Table" Recommendation Accuracy?
April 13, 2022 07:58AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.